Nye-Kote™: High Phosphorous Electroless Nickel
Nye-Kote™, the gold standard for consistency.
Nye-Kote™ is Electro-Coating’s exclusive electroless nickel plating. The high level of Phosphorous in our Nye-Kote™ provides corrosion resistance unrivaled by other coatings. Nye-Kote™ is commonly recommended for Agricultural Equipment, Steel Mills, Printing Rolls, Pistons, Pumps, Turbine Blades, and Rotors that are required to perform flawlessly in harsh environments such as seawater. The chemical content of the coating may be adjusted to deliver the level of corrosion resistance desired by an end-user. We have fine-tuned our Nye-Kote™ process over thousands of applications, maximizing coating quality for peak performance. Behind our craftsmanship stands the technology to precisely control the chemical deposition and heat-treating processes for consistency in results from component to component.
Kanigen-LP24™: Low Phosphorous Electroless Nickel
Kanigen-LP24™ is our proprietary low phosphorous electroless nickel plating.
Kanigen-LP24™ offers excellent wear & corrosion resistance, especially in high alkaline environments with a hardness up to 60 Rockwell C. Kanigen-LP24™ provides a uniform plating thickness on plate components with complex shapes and/or configuration. Low phosphorous nickel plating is also considered a solderable surface, which can be beneficial if your component is a non-solderable base. The nickel barrier will inhibit the leachate of the base material into the molten solder.
- Uniform Thickness - Controllable within +/- 10% of the desired coating thickness with no variation due to surface configuration.
- Wear Resistance - Combining high hardness and low coefficients of friction.
- Cosmetics - exhibiting a smooth, metallic, unblemished surface that can easily be polished to optical standards
- Corrosion Resistance - Low porosity and non-crystalline structure literally encapsulate substrate material
- Surface Wettability - Nickel enhances capillary action for soldering or brazing.
- Release - with natural lubricating qualities, "sticking" is greatly reduced.