You manufacture copper components & parts. Electro-Coatings makes them even better!
Electro-Coatings provides high-quality, long-lasting electroless nickel plating on copper components and parts of all dimensions, and for products of all types of uses.
Electro-Coatings’ expertly engineered electroless nickel plating is the perfect process for making your copper components stronger, smoother, and exceptionally resistant to wear and tear. Our electroless nickel plating also serves as an outstanding undercoating to strengthen and promote the adhesion of other plated metals.
Electroless Nickel Plating that delivers the benefits you need
Copper is abundant and can be used as mined; it is one of the few elements that does not need to be extracted from ores. This makes copper valuable as a cost-effective manufacturing material. Electroless nickel plating provides a host of benefits to improve and enhance your copper components, parts, and products.
Our high-quality electroless nickel plating process delivers and ensures:
- High-quality adhesion
- Uniform deposit and coverage: Ideal for odd-shaped and threaded parts
- Lead- and cadmium-free coating
- Outstanding corrosion resistance
INDUSTRY STANDARDS OF ELECTROLESS NICKEL PLATING
- ASTM B733-97
- ASM 2404E
- ASM 2404B
What is Electroless Nickel Plating?
Electroless nickel plating is a form of alloy treatment designed to increase resistance and hardness in a metal or plastic. The electroless nickel plating process is simpler than its counterpart, electroplating. An electric current is not needed to pass through the chemical bath solution to spark the plating process. Instead, the metal surface goes through a series of cleaning and auto-catalytic reactions, which Electro-Coatings has perfected.
Nye-Kote™ is Electro-Coating's exclusive high phosphorus electroless nickel plating. The hardness and highly consistent thickness of Nye-Kote™ plated components create extraordinarily smooth finishes and offer a low-friction wear surface. By controlling the chemical reaction in the Nye-Kote™, it is possible to deliver highly accurate coating thicknesses, preserving precise component tolerances.
This results in a uniform coating thickness throughout the entire geometry of even the most intricate parts, easily filling all recesses or pits in the metal.
Electroless Nickel Plating for the products you make
Copper is a soft, ductile metal used in numerous industrial processes and applications. Copper's excellent thermal properties and high electrical conductivity make it a top choice for manufacturing electronic components and products, including:
- Mobile phones
- Portable electronic devices
- Integrated circuits
- Circuit boards
- Electric motors
- Building materials
Benefits of Electroless Nickel Plating
- Increases material hardness from 48 Rockwell C to 70 Rockwell C
- Applicable on a wide variety of metals, including aluminum, steel, stainless steel, bronze, copper, titanium, Inconel, Invar, brass
- Provides unmatched corrosion resistance
- Compliant with ASTM B733, Mil-C-26074E, AMS 2404B, & AMS 2404E industry standards
- Delivers uniform thickness and volume
- Conforms to object shape
- Resists heat up to 540°C (1000°F)
- Extremely durable
- Bonds well to base metal
Electro-Coatings: Your Perfect Industrial Coatings Partner
For more than 70 years, Electro-Coatings has provided high-quality, long-lasting electroless nickel plating and other industrial coating services for both large components and small components. We have a drive and passion to take on plating and coating challenges because we have the experience, expertise, and equipment to deliver exceptional results.
- Substantial production capacity
- Logistical flexibility to minimize shipping time and costs
- Industry-leading range of proprietary coatings & electroless nickel plating
- State-of-the-art equipment scaled to coat components of all shapes, sizes, weights, lengths, and volume
- Complete finishing services, including balancing, magnafluxing, sandblasting, grinding, machining, blasting, honing, passivation and electropolishing