You manufacture stainless steel components & parts. Electro-Coatings makes them even better!
Electro-Coatings’ high-quality, long-lasting electroless nickel plating can make your stainless steel stronger, smoother, harder, and exceptionally resistant to wear and tear.
Our expertly-engineered electro nickel plating also ensures excellent adhesion by using a pre-plate sequence that includes a thorough cleaning in a powerful solution before applying a nickel strike. Next, we submerge the stainless steel in a highly acidic, all-chloride solution for an extended period.
The result is a stronger, smoother, denser stainless steel part ready for use.
Electroless Nickel Plating that delivers the benefits you need
Electroless nickel plating stainless steel parts and components is a common practice. The process provides a host of benefits to improve and enhance your products. Our high-quality electroless nickel plating process delivers and ensures:
- Outstanding corrosion resistance
- Enhanced material hardness
- Easier soldering
- Improved resistance to radiation
- Increased electrical conductivity
- Uniform deposit and coverage: Ideal for odd-shaped and threaded parts
- Precise plating thickness: Capable of tolerances of +-.0001″ (100 micro inches)
- High-quality adhesion
INDUSTRY STANDARDS OF ELECTROLESS NICKEL PLATING
- ASTM B733-97
- ASM 2404E
- ASM 2404B
What is Electroless Nickel Plating?
Electroless nickel plating is a form of alloy treatment designed to increase resistance and hardness in a metal or plastic. The electroless nickel plating process is simpler than its counterpart, electroplating. An electric current is not needed to pass through the chemical bath solution to spark the plating process. Instead, the metal surface goes through a series of cleaning and auto-catalytic reactions, which Electro-Coatings has perfected.
Nye-Kote™ is Electro-Coating's exclusive high phosphorus electroless nickel plating. The hardness and highly consistent thickness of Nye-Kote™ plated components create extraordinarily smooth finishes and offer a low-friction wear surface. By controlling the chemical reaction in the Nye-Kote™, it is possible to deliver highly accurate coating thicknesses, preserving precise component tolerances.
This results in a uniform coating thickness throughout the entire geometry of even the most intricate parts, easily filling all recesses or pits in the metal.
Electroless Nickel Plating for the products you make
Strength, corrosion resistance and low maintenance make stainless steel extremely useful in many different applications. Stainless steel is used to make thousands of parts and components in a wide of industries, including:
- Hydraulics components
- Exterior cladding
- Kitchen Appliances
- Surgical and dental instruments
- Operating tables
- MRI scanners
- Replacement joints
- Automotive parts
- Storage tanks
Benefits of Electroless Nickel Plating
- Increases material hardness from 48 Rockwell C to 70 Rockwell C
- Applicable on a wide variety of metals, including aluminum, steel, stainless steel, bronze, copper, titanium, Inconel, Invar, brass
- Provides unmatched corrosion resistance
- Compliant with ASTM B733, Mil-C-26074E, AMS 2404B, & AMS 2404E industry standards
- Delivers uniform thickness and volume
- Conforms to object shape
- Resists heat up to 540°C (1000°F)
- Extremely durable
- Bonds well to base metal
Electro-Coatings: Your Perfect Industrial Coatings Partner
For more than 70 years, Electro-Coatings has provided high-quality, long-lasting electroless nickel plating and other industrial coating services for both large components and small components. We have a drive and passion to take on plating and coating challenges because we have the experience, expertise and equipment to deliver exceptional results.
- Substantial production capacity
- Logistical flexibility to minimize shipping time and costs
- Industry-leading range of proprietary coatings & electroless nickel plating
- State-of-the-art equipment scaled to coat components of all shapes, sizes, weights, lengths, and volume
- Complete finishing services, including balancing, magnafluxing, sandblasting, grinding, machining, blasting, honing, passivation and electropolishing