You manufacture aluminum components & parts. Electro-Coatings makes them even better!
Electro-Coatings provides high-quality, long-lasting electroless nickel plating on aluminum parts of all shapes and sizes.
Electro-Coatings’ expertly engineered electroless nickel plating is the perfect process for making your aluminum components stronger, smoother, harder, and exceptionally resistant to wear and tear. Our electroless nickel plating also serves as an outstanding undercoating to strengthen and promote the adhesion of other plated metals.
Electroless Nickel Plating that delivers the benefits you need
Electroless nickel plating aluminum parts and components is uncommon, but the process provides a host of benefits to improve and enhance your products. Our high-quality electroless nickel plating process delivers and ensures:
- Outstanding corrosion resistance
- Enhanced material hardness
- Uniform deposit and coverage: Ideal for odd-shaped and threaded parts
- Precise plating thickness: Capable of tolerances of +-.0001″ (100 micro inches)
- High-quality adhesion
- Lead- and cadmium-free coating
- ROHS and ELV compliance
INDUSTRY STANDARDS OF ELECTROLESS NICKEL PLATING
- ASTM B733-97
- ASM 2404E
- ASM 2404B
What is Electroless Nickel Plating?
Electroless nickel plating is a form of alloy treatment designed to increase resistance and hardness in a metal or plastic. The electroless nickel plating process is simpler than its counterpart, electroplating. An electric current is not needed to pass through the chemical bath solution to spark the plating process. Instead, the metal surface goes through a series of cleaning and auto-catalytic reactions, which Electro-Coatings has perfected.
Nye-Kote™ is Electro-Coating's exclusive high phosphorus electroless nickel plating. The hardness and highly consistent thickness of Nye-Kote™ plated components create extraordinarily smooth finishes and offer a low-friction wear surface. By controlling the chemical reaction in the Nye-Kote™, it is possible to deliver highly accurate coating thicknesses, preserving precise component tolerances.
This results in a uniform coating thickness throughout the entire geometry of even the most intricate parts, easily filling all recesses or pits in the metal.
Electroless Nickel Plating for the products you make
Aluminum is a soft, lightweight, durable metal used to make everything from aircraft and vehicle parts and components to food and beverage containers, foil wrap, windows, doors, and lighting poles. Electroless nickel plating from Electro-Coatings can be used on thousands of aluminum products, including:
- Memory disks
- Electronic components
- Computer frames
- Tablet housings
- Paddle shifters
- Valve pumps
- Electrical/mechanical tools
- Engineering equipment
Benefits of Electroless Nickel Plating
- Increases material hardness from 48 Rockwell C to 70 Rockwell C
- Applicable on a wide variety of metals, including aluminum, steel, stainless steel, bronze, copper, titanium, Inconel, Invar, brass
- Provides unmatched corrosion resistance
- Compliant with ASTM B733, Mil-C-26074E, AMS 2404B, & AMS 2404E industry standards
- Delivers uniform thickness and volume
- Conforms to object shape
- Resists heat up to 540°C (1000°F)
- Extremely durable
- Bonds well to base metal
Electro-Coatings: Your Perfect Industrial Coatings Partner
For more than 70 years, Electro-Coatings has provided high-quality, long-lasting electroless nickel plating and other industrial coating services for both large components and small components. We have a drive and passion to take on plating and coating challenges because we have the experience, expertise, and equipment to deliver exceptional results.
- Substantial production capacity
- Logistical flexibility to minimize shipping time and costs
- Industry-leading range of proprietary coatings & electroless nickel plating
- State-of-the-art equipment scaled to coat components of all shapes, sizes, weights, lengths, and volume
- Complete finishing services, including balancing, magnafluxing, sandblasting, grinding, machining, blasting, honing, passivation and electropolishing